Many high school students enrol in International Baccalaureate (IB) courses as an alternative to Advanced Placement (AP) courses in order to challenge themselves academically and set themselves apart from the competition with college-level coursework in preparation for university applications.
If you want to attend a world-class university, you must take higher-level courses throughout your high school career. IB Programme in Singapore also helps the students. So Check out our blog to learn more about AP courses.
- Enrolling in Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes allows you to push yourself academically by exposing yourself to a college-level curriculum and rigorous coursework.
- Furthermore, taking AP classes demonstrates your willingness to take initiative, explore areas of interestand handle more demanding courses.
- Taking AP and IB courses and doing well on their respective exams can also translate into class credits and allow you to skip introductory courses when you go to college
- However, deciding which curriculum is best for you can be difficult. This is why it’s critical to compare AP and IB to understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.The International Baccalaureate is not for everyone. And if you do decide to do it, make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. Those who are a good fit for the programme will thrive, but those who aren’t may struggle.
- You want to perform well in the right environment for your academic and intellectual development, whether that is the IB or another option. If you do well in your school curriculum, you have a much better chance of getting into a top-ranked university.
- If you want to take IB courses but need assistance managing the coursework or maximising your performance for the best possible results, IB Programme in Singapore is here to help.
- They provide online tutoring for AP, IB, and SAT/ACT exams to help students excel academically in preparation for college applications.
- If you’re still unsure about which curriculum is best for your strengths and interests, schedule a free one-on-one consultation with one of our Academic Advisors who can help you get started on the right track.